Based in Bath. An Ex PE Teacher, Andy left teaching in 1995 to set up Sportscare, one of the first UK children’s multi activity sports companies which was sold in 1999 to Kids Unlimited the national nursery group.
Having developed the family membership strategy for David Lloyd Leisure as Group Sport Development Director from 1999 to 2002, Andy then set up Children First Clubs which was based in schools PFI and children’s services. This branded operation had a series of school sport facility management contracts and was part of a large PFI group sold in 2006.
Two further exits were Trys Rugby, an adult/youth touch rugby participation operator in 2011 which was sold in 2014 and Bishopstrow College, an International Residential Language School focused on overseas children entering the UK private school system, which was also sold in 2015.
Andy set up his own consultancy service in 2007 within UK professional and amateur sport. The Sports and Leisure Innovation Agency is a group of partnerships working with different agencies and consultants and was created for leveraging investment and new ideas into the sports participation, fitness technology, family participation and physical activity sectors.
Rather than a written Web based reference, we strongly advise you contact a number of our previous clients and business partners personally where they will be happy to provide you with relevant information regarding value for money, network, sector expertise, reliability and confidentiality.
- Gary Hetherington, CEO Leeds Rugby
- John Oates, MD Prostream Sport
- Stephen Bean, Founder Teddy Tennis
- Ian Henson, Retired
- Alan Cuthbert, MD Leisure Sound Solutions
- Shaun Lancaster, CEO Mbition
- Nick Walford, Partner Red Mandarin (Pro Bono)
- Edward Nash, Partner Nash Partnership
- Nigel Morley, Director HCD Architects
- Andy Sutch, Ex Regional Director, Sport England
- David Minton, Owner Leisure Database (Pro Bono)
- Andrew Nixon, Head of Sports Law, Sheridan's
- Maurice Kelly, Owner, Kelly Consultancy
- Neil Sachdev, Previously Board Property Director, Sainsbury's
- James Benson and Phil Drury, FD Centre